The Vampire Diaries 4×20 The Originals Song Playlist
When you think of New Orleans you think of The French Quarter, art, literature, spicy food, gumbo (Ian Somerhalder’s favorite), literature, Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street, and of course music. The Blues. And jazz. New Orleans is the birthplace of jazz. Wynton Marsalis, Kermit Ruffins, Harry Connick, Jr., and of course Louis Armstrong.
The Originals pilot was full of sultry and spirited music. When the series premieres next Fall we should have a feast of great jazz and blues music. Does Klaus, Elijah, or Rebekah play a musical instrument? It would be fun to see one of them sit in on a set with some musicians!
Most, if not all, of these songs can be downloaded from iTunes or Amazon.
Here’s a list of all the great songs that were part of The Originals
- “My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up)” by Fall Out Boy. Featured in preview trailers for “The Originals.”
- “Ball & Chain” by Martin Harley. Plays when Elijah and Rebekah discuss Klaus going to New Orleans, and when Klaus’s arrives in New Orleans.
- “Revolution” by Dr. John. Plays when Hayley’s in the New Orleans bar talking with Jane-Anne and Sophie.
- “How You Like Me Now” by The Heavy. Who can forget Marcel singing this at the karaoke bar.
- “How” by The Neighbourhood. Heard when Klaus looks for Marcel at a club.
- “No Sugar In My Coffee” by Caught A Ghost: When Marcel tells Klaus he knows where Jane-Anne Devereaux is, then walks him to meet her.
- “New Cannonball Blues” by TV On The Radio.
- “Mojo Fix” by Martin Harley. This is heard as Klaus tracks down Sophie so he can ask her about Jane-Anne and asks her about Marcel’s and his control over the witches.
- “Testified BK” by Steve Nathanson.
- “Walking Backwards” by Leagues. When Sophie chops veggies at the bar while crying because her sister is dead, and then Klaus comes in.
- “Do Whatcha Wanna” by Rebirth Brass Band. This is what’s playing when Klaus sees the parade and calls Caroline to tell her he wants to share his world with her
- “Terrible Love” by The National. Can be heard when Camille tells Klaus what the street painter is thinking, and causes Klaus to tear up. She’s probably really talking about his thoughts.
The Vampire Diaries 4×20 The Originals Extended Promo video
Will Bonnie finally come home in The Vampire Diaries 6x09 episode "I Alone"? In The Vampir...
The Vampire Diaries 6x08 “Fade Into You” Recap & Review The Vampire Diaries 6x08 "Fade...
Bonnie and Kai celebrate Thanksgiving in The Vampire Diaries 6x08 episode "Fade Into You"! ...
Damon, Stefan, and Alaric travel to Gemini Coven land in The Vampire Diaries 6x08 "Fade Into You" ...